Millions of people are trying to get out of the web of alcoholism and to defeat it. After all, this disease is serious and terrible. It takes away health, leads to humiliation, and destroys families.
How can you stop drinking alcohol yourself? Is it possible or does it require serious help to get rid of the bad habit?
The face of the green snake
The daily habit of giving a mood glass after a busy day to get rid of tiredness becomes stable and becomes a harmful passion. A person stops dealing with himself: he supposedly does not want to drink, but drinks out of self-confidence. Alcohol gradually assumes the status of the main product in the human body and becomes an important distributor of energy. And at this point it is very difficult to stop drinking on your own. It can be cured when a number of conditions are met.
- Alcohol addiction occurs (it's easier to get rid of it early).
- It develops mainly in the brainstem structures and affects the entire NS, the treatment affects organs and systems.
- The disease takes over metabolic processes.
- The liver begins to produce excessive numbers of enzymes that break down alcohol.
Important to know!When the liver is normal, it can produce alcohol of the internal type on its own. It is he who acts on the receptors that synthesize the mood hormones. With constant seizures, internal alcohol is not produced in sufficient quantities, and this process then disappears completely.
This is where total addiction to a glass comes about and it becomes difficult to stop drinking as trying to dive into a sober life and get rid of seizures immediately induces boredom. Depression comes and the patient looks into the glass again. When the enzymes for breaking down alcohol are not produced by the body and do not come from outside, the brain receives a call that it is necessary to drink! Therefore, for purely physiological reasons, a man cannot stop drinking on his own.
Social promiscuity or illness?
At a certain point, a person loses the ability to adapt socially.
Most people see rampant behavior in alcoholism. That is not right. The nature of alcoholism is a real disaster, from which it is difficult to get rid of yourself and stop drinking. What are the symptoms of alcoholism? Both alcoholism and chronic illness are characterized by phases of exacerbations, followed by remission. The criteria for the formed dependency:
- Pathological cravings for alcohol.
- The need to consume extra alcohol (get drunk).
- Believing that you should have a drink in the morning to feel good about yourself and getting rid of that thought is difficult.
Alcoholics eat little and refuse to eat on drinking days. You have enough energy from alcohol. However, the body is in poverty in terms of proteins and fats, trace elements and vitamins. This leads to injuries to almost all systems and organs, which are very difficult to heal. Hence, it is difficult to help yourself.
Therapeutic dose and when does withdrawal occur?
Sometimes drunkenness is seen as vital by doctors. The lack of other means of relieving metabolic disorders, getting rid of toxins, makes you consume a little alcohol. Otherwise, the person could be on the sidelines.
The most common illness among alcoholics - cirrhosis of the liver - can be fatal.
In the last stage of alcoholism, liver functions are impaired, cirrhosis develops, and the pancreas and heart muscle also suffer. It is impossible to cure them and restore their functions. Severe poisoning leads to mental disorders (delirium tremens, deceptive perceptions and hallucinations). Stopping drinking on your own is out of the question.
The body constantly receives large amounts of external ethanol and is forced to independently rebuild the metabolism to alcohol. As soon as the alcohol stops flowing and the person stops drinking, the metabolism begins to normalize. It happens slowly, little by little, but extremely painful. The physical and mental suffering is pronounced. Few people suffer from this condition. To get rid of the agony, it is much easier for the alcoholic to pour another dose.
The mechanism of alcohol addiction is similar to that of drug addiction. The thirst for poisoning creates a craving for tomorrow's dose, and if it is canceled, an unpleasant state begins - withdrawal. It is possible to cure this with an independent desire to stop drinking.
How can you overcome addiction?
In the next phases, each treatment is created. These are prerequisites for a successful healing process to get rid of alcoholism.
It is very important that family and friends support the alcoholic in his quest to stop drinking.
There are reliable and proven ways to stop drinking:
- The alcoholic has to admit the problem himself.
- An addict should want to get rid of harmful drinking.
- The union of the patient and his family is very important.
Now you can cure the disease and stop drinking with the help of medicines. There are many specialty pharmaceuticals called receptor blockers. A person who has taken them drinks alcohol, but the state of joy and bliss does not come. He gets sick so that the importance of drinking is lost. In order to defeat the green snake, you not only have to fight alone, treatment also includes antidepressants and sedatives, and in case of an acute manifestation of aggressiveness, antipsychotics are also indicated. A serious disadvantage of drug therapy is the symptomatic effect of drugs and the negative side effects of their use.
There are also different types of coding to get rid of alcohol addiction. This protection against alcoholism is created artificially, that is, the processes of the body are attacked from the outside.
I solved the problem myself!
It is very important to normalize your diet and completely change your lifestyle. Movement and walking must be included in everyday life.
This thesis is often discussed by narcologists. And the answer is clear: an alcoholic can get rid of the problem on their own and stop drinking. Just don't let readers get the false impression that it's easy to shed the burden of drunkenness.
Self-treatment is associated with an acute and painful physical condition (high blood pressure, pain in the heart and stomach). Depression can be annoying. Therefore, not everyone can stop drinking alcohol on their own.
Remember!A sober life means a complete rejection of all alcohol and also non-alcoholic alcohol. Its smell and taste, the sight of the bottle excites, a person can feel even a slight imaginary poisoning, and this brings the breakdown closer and it becomes more difficult to cure the disease. It is clear that self-treatment does not run counter to medication. On the contrary, it is necessary when contacting a narcologist.
There is practical advice from real people, and the basis for it is to see and understand the real enemy. Hate him and love you. Draw a mental picture of your actual successes before the illness.
How you can stop drinking and win on your own:
- It is important to cleanse the blood and the whole body of "green" toxins (ethanol and its metabolites) at home. The body will remove them independently, of course, but this will take a long time. Help him recover, there are many options. It is good to use oatmeal broth (3-5 glasses). Do at least 2 enemas a day beforehand.
- Mercilessly destroy all physical memories and traps of alcohol (glasses, cans, empty bottles, beer and wine crates). Thoroughly rinse out all household utensils that contain chlorine supplements. It's not difficult to do at home.
- If you break relationships with drinking companions, you can stop drinking yourself.
- Do not sniff alcohol, do not smoke, it will weaken the treatment.
- Do not go to alcohol outlets.
- Strictly follow the laws of dietary nutrition, do not overload the liver and digestive tract.
- Find your favorite and interesting activity (sports, swimming, skiing and cycling).
- Find like-minded people! Alcoholics Anonymous can be used.
- Realize that you have to adjust, be patient. Use constant self-hypnosis techniques at home. With all your might, reject the temptations of alcohol.
When the desire returns and overwhelms the patient:
- Breathing exercises help well (oxygen enters the brain and tarnishes the severity of a bout of alcoholic cravings).
- Fight the disease daily and never miss an opportunity to heal yourself.
- You have to convey that you have a strong inner core that is holding back all attempts to drink and the treatment is successful. This will help you quit alcohol yourself!
Pour into a healthy life, not in the blink of an eye, but gradually but steadily. Thus, the treatment will be more productive, and it will be possible to completely independently quit drinking at home. Frequent trips to the bathhouse with a steam bath do not harm. After the bath it is good to have some tea, better with honey!
Remember!It is best to stop drinking at home, the rest of the methods are tools.
Don't look like these rules are easy and available at home. You have to sweat, but such treatment will surely produce results in five to six months. Trust won't come any sooner than a year from now! The cravings for alcohol will disappear, giving up alcohol will become a reality.